Sunday, November 28, 2010

My How I've Grown

So I hate posting more than one time per day. Hell-- I hate posting every day! Not because I don't want to write, but because I feel as though it proves the fact that I have no life!!! But I've realized that Abbi and Lyssia are the only ones who read this blog, and well they already know that I have no life so here it goes. Post number two:

I was reading my past posts a few minutes ago. I read them from the most recent to the eldest. I laughed and smiled. I found happiness in misery. And in reading them, I witnessed growth. I am almost a completely different person than I was when this blog started. It's funny how the things that seemed as vast as the ocean back then seem more like little grains of sand on the beach that is my life. But it shows that I am a river and not a lake. I am not stagnant. I flow.

While I will always be far from perfection, reading those posts gave me hope. I get really discouraged very often. I feel like a complete failure sometimes. And it's hard to remember that I am only a work in progress when everything in my life is going to hell. But tonight I had a revelation. "Life's what you make it, so let's make it right." Yes, I indeed just quoted Hannah Montana, and I'll probably want to shoot myself in the face after I think about it some more, but that statement is just too true. It won't be perfect, but life's what you make it. I can chose to wallow in self pity or I can look at yesterday, live today, and try to make yesterday better. Hopefully next time I have a "woe is me" moment, I'll remember this.

No comments:

Post a Comment